Waterjet Cutting System Confirmation
March 16, 2017
AQUATEC 3040+ 3040 TWI N TABLE
5- AXI S NUMERI CALLY CONTROLLED WATERJET CUTTI NG MACHI NE
CONTACT CMS AMERICA FOR APPLICATION QUESTIONS: MR. ROBERTO IMPELLITTIERE 616-250-5380
CMS AQUATEC 3040+3040
Twin Table Waterjet Cutting System
Aquatec is an advanced, versatile, high-performance waterjet cutting system – either pure water or hydro-abrasive – able to accomodate the most diverse production demands in different application fields, delivering highly accurate cuts even in 3D.
The machine consists of a bridge structure with fixed table, mobile crossbeam and guides, which make it compact, adaptable to different customer needs, and with quick motions and low tolerances.
The motions – including the cutting head - is carried out by high precision tempered ground rack, driven by brushless motors.
The axes’ sliding guides are housed within the structure and protected by system which provides full protection against water and powders.
Aquatec is managed by a Osai 3-axis (X, Y, Z) CNC; the axes are interpolated to work many materials such as plastics (Teflon, PVC, ABS, etc.), metals (steel, aluminium, etc.), rubber (natural, latex, expanded materials, etc.), stones (marble, granite, synthetic stone, ceramics, etc.), glass (float glass, plate-glass, etc.).
It can perform straight and complex-shape cuts, up to 530mm thickness, even with a minimal radius. The cutting robot with interpolated-axes CNC is able to run at a high speed, automatically manage the tool diameter, the contour vectorial speed and the slowdown when cutting angles. It can manage up to 6 interpolated axes.
CMS, addressing customers' needs, has re-engineered its five-axis waterjet machines, making them even more reliable while providing higher performance.
• The machine design allows, by means of a user-friendly software, limitless processing possibilities
• Water and energy-saving, employing ecological and low-consumption technologies.
• Possibility of working any shapes.
• Possibility to carry out any angle cut with the choice of a 0-60° working angle; Productivity
A rigid steel structure ensures accurate cutting of all material types includes very thick plate.
• The system is constructed of only the best components to ensure extremely tight tolerances of the parts being processed.
• Height sensing capability will set the actual material thickness before processing it, thanks to a mechanical touch system, delivering excellent results both on straight and angled 5-axis cuts (optional).
• Easy programming software with specific features for any type of cutting
• Capable of importing a wide variety of cad files including .dxf files.
• Remote monitoring and diagnostics from any on-line PC. The open frame structure offers additional advantages
• front and back side accessibility;
• A dredge integrated into the tank, to provide automatic abrasive removal, which additionally does not require any maintenance (optional);
• Z-axis motion up to 530mm;
• A water level adjustment system (option);
• A CNC-managed system to house a rotating axis in the tank and perform pipe processing (option).
STRUCTURE AND MAIN COMPONENTS
The dimensional structure was designed through a sophisticated programme of Finite Element Analysis (FEA), which verifies the dynamic loads of the machine components, allowing CMS to design the structure and choose the motion systems (precision guides and rack and pinion) sliding blocks) which provide high performance, geometric precision and work reliability at high speeds, also in case of demanding works.
To ensure resistance against corrosion, the whole frame undergoes an antirust treatment with sanding and ceramic painting.
Steel shoulders complete with side safety panels for the support of the machine structure. Ceramic painting colour white, RAL 7035.
The mobile bridge is made of a thick-steel “monoblock” which rests on the basement; this solution provides maximum structural rigidity and eliminates potential torsions, delivering a superior part finish. It also provides the rigid support for the Z-axis carriage where the cutting head is mounted.
MANUAL CUTTING FUNCTION
Aquatec has been designed to perform cuts automatically, managed by the numerical control. Also included are dedicated joysticks, positioned under the control panel monitor, for an easier and immediate control of the machine. A laser system may be used to determine the zero point.
All main functions are managed from a mobile control panel which allows easy and fast operations, enabling the operator a direct control of the worktable. The interface allows to adjust easily to various production needs and to set up a network connection. The control is equipped with color monitor and shows a graphic simulation of the cutting path. Are you referring to the operator console or the hand held pendant? We should highlight that the entire console is mobile.
Dashboard display on the controller
Real-time snapshot of the machine status. Information on consumables' lifetime, dredge work hours, expected duration of the work, main functioning parameters (oil and water temperature, pressure, etc.). Very valuable tool to oversee the machine while it is working.
SAFETY AND PROTECTIONS
The machine is equipped with devices which assure the highest safety level while running.
• The Z-axis has a motor brake to stop all motions in case of a voltage breakdown
• Safety PLC, electronic system to manage the access to the machine according to the EN62061 Norm. The operator may remain inside the machine perimeter with the safety barriers off while the linear axes are in motion.
• Management of the B-axis extra motion through a safety PLC; the B axis remains always in a controlled tilting position.
• The safety pressure switch stops the machine should the compressed air be in short supply.
• The electric and water cables are suitably supported by a chain
• A servo-valve stops the water flow when the machine is not working.
• A cutting head guard protects from the water splash back
• Axes load limiting device prevent from working beyond the established threshold limits.
• The coverings in stainless steel and the bellows protect all moving parts from water and dust.
• Safety front light barriers.
The tank and structure are white - RAL 7035.
The intensifier is white – RAL 7035 – and blue – RAL 5015.
STANDARD TECHNI CAL FEATURES *
X Axis stroke 4020/ 158 Mm (“)
Y Axis stroke TO BE DEFINED mm(“) APPROX 22'
Z Axis stroke 530/ mm(“)
X axes max feedrate 54000 mm/ min
Y axes max feedrate 54000 mm/ min
Z axes max feedrate 12600 mm/ min
X acceleration 2 m/ s2
Y acceleration 2 m/ s2
Z acceleration 1 m/ s2
XY Worktable area regular table 4000 x 2000(157.4 x 78.7) mm(“)
XY Worktable area regular table 4000 x 3000(157.4 x 118.1) mm(“)
Loading capacity 1000 Kg/ m2
Dynamic precision + / - 0,10 mm
Repeatability “ Ps” + / - 0,025 mm
Power 13 kW
Total Size LxDxH (with light barriers) TO BE DEFINED mm
Weight TO BE DEFINED Kg
THI S I S THE GENERAL LAYOUT ONLY ACTUAL MACHINE WILL BE LARGER
Note: the useful axes strokes indicated in the above chart are purely approximate. The machine layout (to be sent back to CMS signed for acceptance) indicated the specific useful stroke of each axis.
The machine is managed by a Numerical Control and equipped with the following axes and brushless motors:
• X (4020 mm): cross motion – left and right - of the cutting head on the brdge where it is assembled, by means of tempered ground guides with recirculating balls, four contact points, driven by a high-precision rack and pinion system
• Y & V (to be defined mm): longitudinal motion – back and forward – of the bridge thanks to tempered ground guides with recirculating balls and four contact points. The motion is driven by two synchronized motors and a high-precision rack and pinion system.
• Z (530 mm): vertical motion of the cutting head by means of a pair of tempered ground guide with bearing balls, driven by a high-precision rack and pinion system.
Forced-injection, centralized and automatic device for lubrication of X, Y and Z axes, managed by the Numerical Control at scheduled intervals,
without manual intervention and without stopping the machine. Pressure control and oil minimum level signalling.
HYDRO ABRASVIVE CUTTING (AWJ)
The cutting head, placed on the Z-axis carriage, has been wholly designed and assembled in CMS Tecnocut. The water is brought to high pressure by an external intensifier and conveyed to the nozzle, which is made either of sapphire or ruby or diamond.
From the nozzle the water jet enters the mixing chamber where – thanks to the Venturi effect – it gets mixed with the abrasive coming from the hopper. The hydro-abrasive jet, going then through the focusing tube, cuts the material placed on the worktable.
Nozzle, mixing chamber and focusing tube are perfectly aligned and equipped with an auto-centering function which allows an easy and fast replacement.
CUTTING HEAD 5 AXIS
A 5 Axes Head provides 5 axes capability to the machine allowing chamfer and 3D cutting, produces more accurate parts at significantly higher cutting speeds than parts cut with conventional systems.
STANDARD TECHNICAL FEATURES *
B Axis +/- 60 °
C Axis +/- 340 °
B axes max feedrate 17200 °/min
C axes max feedrate 13400 °/min
B acceleration 1450 °/s2
C acceleration 850 °/s2
ANTICOLLISION FEELER AQUATEC
Feeler system - either continuous or periodical - able to adjust automatically the cutting head position and to stop it in case of collision. Highest collision speed of 1 m/min with no damages to the feeler. The protection is guaranteed in case of obstacles rising at least 3mm over the material. Available both for three- and five-axis cutting heads.
CUTTING AREA CLEANING DEVICE
Cleaning system to remove any material - such as workpiece fragments - which may end up on the work area. Water is drawn from the tank and sprayed onto the work area. The system is driven by a pump
Laser pointer for program zero point definition.
ELECTRONIC HOPPER FOR ABRASIVE, ADJUSTABLE FLOW RATE, WITH VACUUM DETECTION
Electronic hopper for abrasive, adjustable flow rate from 50 to 1000 g/min, complete with digital vacuum switch for detecting the vacuum, directly positioned on the cutting head and able to stop the machine in case of a vacuum value outside the parameters that have been set.
QTY (2) TANK 3040 WITH FIXED WORKTOP WITHOUT DREDGE
Galvanized steel tank size 4000x3000xh920mm separated from the machine frame and fixed to the ground.
QTY (2) ANTI REFLECTION WORKTOP OF BLADES AT 70mm SPACINGING FOR 2040 TANK
Antireflection plane with metal plates – Distance between plates at 70 mm on center
THE WORKING AREAS IS DIVIDED INTO N.2 PARTS AS STATED BELOW:
Area 1: Front area.
Area 2: Rear area.
Machine configuration change is automatized. Before every working process the customer will have to choose the area. The choice will be done through a proper M function or softkey.
Control of the two working areas and relevant safety devices during the “complete” tandem cycle.
WORKING IN AREA 1 (2) AND LOADING/UNLOADING AREA 2 (1)
The machine allows to stop the photocells in area 2 (1) without interrupting the working operations in area 1 (2) only in the working unit is in area 1 (2), with photocells between the tanks activated.
The safety is granted by the photocells and the area limit switches avoiding the working unit to enter the area 2 (1) for loading/unloading.
Working area n°1 (front side)
X = 4000mm (X=0 right limit - X=-4000 left limit)
Y / V = 3000mm (Y=0 front limit – Y= to be defined rear limit)
Working area n°2 (rear side)
X = 4000mm (X=0 right limit - X=-4000 left limit)
Y / V = 3000mm (Y=3300 front limit – Y= to be defined rear limit)
PRESSURIZED ABRASIVE CONVEYING SYSTEM (330 KG)
Pressurized abrasive feeding system with 330 kg capacity and a container near the regulating head with flow rate adjustment and stop sign that can be seen on the console as well.
SPECIAL VOLTAGE FOR THE WATERJET CUTTING ROBOT
Auto transformer for voltage different from European standard machine operating voltage: 400 V ±10 % / 50 + 60 Hz
NUMERICAL CONTROL OSAI OPEN-M
Electrical Cabinet and Control Panel
All the electric and electronic equipment’s are fitted in an electrical cabinet
positioned on the machine rear side. It is equipped with first-choice components available on the market and provided with all safety
devices needed for its functioning. The cabinet is cooled by an air conditioner. Protection level: IP 54.
The control panel, on the mobile trolley, has all the main controls for the machine working. The control unit consists of a Numerical Control OSAI Open-M with integrated PC fitted into the electrical cabinet. The PC makes it easier to program the machine and grant great user-friendliness operating with the NC.
The working cycles can be programmed
directly from the PC keyboard and mouse. 17’’ TFT color video (industrial type).
• Digital technology granting quick and safe data transfers.
• Up to 32 axes control, 5 of them interpolated.
• Responsive and uniform axes accelerations and decelerations, reducing tool path errors even in case of high tolerance toolpaths.
• The NC is equipped with industry standard Ethernet card to transmit any amount of data among PC simultaneously.
• The software enables for the dynamic control of the tool radius wear and relevant correction.
• User-friendly interface allowing to install on the PC different software applications.
Numerical Control main features: Osai Open-M, CPU Intel Celeron 2 GHz, 2 GB of RAM memory, user memory 900 MB.
Integrated computer HP
Personal computer integrated in the equipment of the machine with following features: model 4000 Pro SFF, Intel Celeron E3400, 2,6 GHz, L2 cache 1MB, FSB 800 MHz, 2GB RAM, Hard Disk 250 GB Sata 7200 rpm, DVD Rom, Windows 7 operating system.
AIR-CONDITIONING UNIT FOR ELECTRIC CABINET
PORTABLE CONTROL UNIT WITH REMOTE COMMANDS UP TO 6 AXES
Portable control unit with remote commands or movements up to 6 axes – speed potentiometer integrated – step to step or continuos movement – emergency control
Forced-injection, centralized and automatic device for lubrication of X, Y and Z axes, managed by the Numerical Control at scheduled intervals, without manual intervention and without stopping the machine. Pressure control and oil minimum level signalling.
STEEL SHOULDERS FOR STROKE Y= To be defined mm
Steel shoulders complete with side safety panels for the support of the machine structure. Ceramic painting colour white, RAL 7035.
DREDGE FOR ABRASIVE REMOVAL FROM THE TANK: 1ST DREDGE FOR 3040 TANK AND 2ND DREDGE FOR 3040 TANK
Qty (2) Large dredge for automatic removal of the abrasive, placed directly inside the cutting tank with incorporated sedimentation tank.
Qty (2) The removal system, placed inside the tank, is protected both by baskets for the scraps collection and by a metal crate.
The basket function is to collect the scraps and, at the same time, to avoid that they fall on the tank bottom and cause serious damages to the dredge chain
Qty (2) The steel cover is designed to avoid that the abrasive lying on
the chutes slides down inside the dredge when the waterjet goes over it, causing a system overload.
Bag holder for exhausted abrasive and self draining bag.
SPARE PARTS KIT
The kit includes:
• Spare parts kit 5 axes probe (D1937AA-00)
• Spare parts kit grease (D1762AA-00)
• Spare parts kit 5 axes AWJ head (D1605AA-00)
• Spare parts kit filter intensifier (D1602AA-00)
• Packaging of 1,000 Kg. of abrasive waterjet cutting head MESH 80
PROGRAMMING SOFTWARE EASYJET 5 AXES
It is a CAD/CAM software package installed in a personal computer working in Windows for the generation of work programs.
• Graphical functions of zoom and pan
• 3D graphics and photo-realistic rendering of the project
• Mathematical functions of measure by remarkable points and analysis of the single entities
• Multi-Level undo and redo
• Possibility to use the software on local network with a common database of parameters, this assures that the tools, the kits and the machine configurations are the same on every PC
• On line user’s manual with index of research
• Automatic e-mail setting for request of assistance
• Free design of geometrical entities (arcs, bi-arcs, lines, rectangles, squares, ellipses, circles, regular polygons, fillets, chamfers, construction plans, nurbs, etc.)
• Design from predefined parametric models in library: vanity tops, kitchen tops, tables
• Guided design of basic 3D surfaces, starting from a section and/or guide lines on XY plane as: frames, shower dishes, multiple section sinks, columns with fixed and variable section/torsion
• Advanced surfaces drawing (loft, swept, gordon, polimesh) and surface drawing from curve grid
• Surface definition by laser scanning (points file)
• Sensing from drawings or templates by means of measurement: drafting Machines, graphic tablets, measuring arms
• PNT import
• Writing with True Type fonts, including the italics and drills
• Definition of construction plans
• Association of a different color to each project path
• Editing and processing projects (trim, extend, split, merge, interpolate, copy, move, flip, rotate, delete, etc.)
• DXF and ISO import and export
• Picture import (BMP,JPG, BIB, PCX, TGA) as bas-reliefs
• Automatic generation of cutting cycles with WaterJet head.
• Automatic generation of lead in and lead out paths , drill included (optional) with interactive graphic modification
• Automatic generation of 3 axis probing
• Control of three interpolated axis with the possibility to add three axis more
• Control of five interpolated axis with the possibility to add one axis more
• Automatic control and compensation of rotating axis
• Machining time estimation
• Part program generation optimized for CNC
• Manual nesting of parts imported as dxf or drawings or slab storage
• Included slab storage management referring to thickness, material and category. It is possible to link the realistic picture of the slab to the piece, define the perimeter and then mark the area where it is not possible to do the nesting (as imperfect areas).
• Real time grain matching possible with addition of optional DDX Photo
DI SPOSI TI ON
• Graphic interactive arrangement of pieces on the machine table (one or more pieces even different each other)
• Customizable workpiece origin
• Database for various materials such as Stone, Marble, Granite, Glass and Ceramic
• Selection of quality of the cut to be performed, within 5 possibilities: Very High, High, Medium High, Medium Low, Low.
• Automatic setting of Feedrate and Acceleration on Internal/ External angles depending on Quality and Thickness
• POST PROCESSOR
• Transfer of machining programs via: USB, network
• SI MULATI ON
• Graphic 3D simulation of the machining process: it is done using the CNC machine 3D model which reproduces the table, the motors and the piece
QTY (1) DDX PHOTO LICENSE & QTY (2) CAMERA IN ENCLOSURE & QTY (2) CAMERA STANDS
This module is the software for the acquisition of slabs photo by a digital camera and can be used to locate remnant or slabs on the table. Once image is captured the parts can be dragged & dropped onto the slab.
• Photo of slabs,
• Definition of slab perimeter for the possible save into slab library
• Adjustment the digital camera optical a perspective distortions,
• Controls flash, resolution, quality of the picture, focus, exposure, shutter, adapts to the light conditions.
• Can be used to locate the slab on the work table through importing as a background scaled and correct location to origin to drag and drop parts onto slab
• Camera, industrial enclosure, power supply and network cabling included. Customer responsible 120V outlet withing 3' of camera
location, mounting camera above machine and running the network cabling to PC at the machine
HIGH PRESSURE INTENSIFIER POWER 60 HP – PRESSURE 4130 BAR
The 60 HP (45 kW) pressure intensifier is made out of 3 parallel, synchronized and independent pressure multiplier pumps, hydraulically driven, and electronically synchronized. This technical solution assures a constant and even pressure signal at a pressure of 4130 bar.
The triple intensifier solution assures a constant and even pressure signal, than the old traditional twin opposed twin pumps. Unlike other
designs, this design is more efficient.
Super smooth variable flow rate pump, far superior to traditional pump designs (see comparison)
• a filtering system for the hydraulic oil
• a high capacity tank with visual and electronic level indicator
• a series of solenoid valves, valves, and thermostats to check the operation
• An electric circuit for controlling the functioning of the pressure multiplying pumps and the safety devices/warnings.
• Water filter feeder unit.
• Filter on high pressure circuit.
• A quick opening high pressure valve, for the immediate discharge of pressurized water when the pumps stop or when an emergency arises.
• Water/oil cooling of hydraulic fluid temperature must be maintained below 120ºF (49ºC). A chiller for the cooling circuit will be required to achieve this in any other location with air temperatures exceeds 95ºF (35ºC) while having the benefit of eliminating water needed for cooling
• The revolutionary system called “noiseless” that allows not making any noise at all during the operation.
• A metallic structure, complete with removable shutting panels and vibration-damping support panels.
JETPOWER EVO TECHNICAL FEATURES
Installed Power 60 (45) HP (kW)
Voltage (three-phase) 400 ± 5% Volt 50 - 60 Hz
Max water pressure 413,7 Mpa (60.000 PSI)
Max flow rate 5 (1.32) liters/minute (gal/min)
Water consumption from 0 to 5 (1.32) lliters/minute (gal/min)
Max diameter of the orifice 0,40 millimeters
Oil tank capacity 250 (39.6) liters (gal)
Cooling requirements Oil/water heat exchanger* 3.2 gal/min water @ max 70ºF *
Dimensions 36" (900) x 59" (1500) x 58" (1560) H Inch/millimeters
Weight 1350 kg
* hydraulic fluid temperature must be maintained below 120ºF (49ºC). A chiller is recommended for the cooling circuit when any other location with air temperatures exceeds 95ºF (35ºC). This has the benefit of eliminating water needed for cooling.
SPECIAL VOLTAGE FOR THE INTENSIFIER
Autotransformer for voltage different from European standard machine operating voltage: 400 V ±10 %
/ 50 + 60 Hz.
• Machine installation, use and maintenance manual in English (on CD-ROM).
• Programming and use numerical control manual in English (on CD-ROM).
• Operating system in English language.
• Numerical control messages in English language.
CMS SpA is certified since 1996 according to the ISO 9001 QUALITY SYSTEM
Discounted Machine Price:
D.D.P. CUSTOMER… $441,087.00 USD
CMS CAN FABRICATE ONE LAREGE TABLE IN PLACE OF THE TWO 13'W X 10' L TABLES